- 8 oz. elbow macaroni or bow-tie pasta
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. cheese: Smoked Mozzarella, Cheddar, and or Fontina, cut into thin strips (1 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
If your kids like macaroni and cheese, they will love this salad. Use the cheeses listed or any combination you choose.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add mustard; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove onion mixture to large serving container.
Drain macaroni and rinse with cold water; drain again. Add to onion mixture with tomatoes, cheeses, and parsley. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Pour over macaroni mixture; toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate. (Salad will absorb dressing and if necessary, stir in a little milk before serving.) The macaroni salad recipe is ready to serve...enjoy the salad !