A great macaroni salad recipe to try !
- 1 1/2 lb box of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 bunch of green onions - chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 ea. red, orange, green and yellow peppers. total: 2 whole
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (generous)
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's Mayonnaise
- celery salt
Cook Macaroni in salted water. Drain noodles.
While noodles are still hot, mix in mustard and mayonnaise in large bowl.
Mixture should be wet, but not creamy. Stir in Onions and peppers and salt. Mix well.
Taste for salt and mayonnaise content. Add more if needed.
Coat top of salad with a sprinkling of celery salt and stir in.
Cover and refrigerate a few hours to allow onion and pepper flavors to permeate.
The world's best macaroni salad recipe is ready to serve....enjoy it !